We will discuss how to connect installing printer drivers and scanners for Linux users
Samsung Unified for Linux Driver is some equivalent and this “Samsung Universal Printer Drivers” or “Samsung Scanner Drivers” for Linux operating system using. Install is completed in few easly steps.
Follow the steps below
Working for me with “USB” support and this even with wireless drivers over use Wifi.
- First you have to add line deb “http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/” debian extra to add repository make primary. It can be done by editing “file /etc/apt/sources.list” and for sample for directly in “GUI Ubuntu” Software Center.
$ sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
And add link deb “http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/” debian extra to the end of the text for the files as a new line.
- Please Install “GPG key“
$ sudo wget -O – http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/suldr.gpg | sudo apt-key add –
$ sudo apt-get update
- And then Install file drivers and applications use following commands:
$ sudo apt-get install samsungmfp-data
$ sudo apt-get install samsungmfp-driver
$ sudo apt-get install samsungmfp-scanner
Optionally installing “GUI” configurator for the model “samsungmfp-configurator-qt4“, that allows you to managing another driver Samsung devices by add or the removing them and being able to editing their Properties, but it is also easily done without the configuration tool with default GUI printer CUPS configuration tools system-config-printer, that is pre-installed in Ubuntu, accessible from Dash Home > Printing > Add.
$ sudo apt-get install samsungmfp-configurator-qt4
- Done. Visit out more on “http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/“, also useful source if you have older printing.
Installing Printer Settings Utility
- Make sure that for the machines is connecting to your pc/computer and powered “on“.
- When the Admin Login for window appears, type “root” in the Login field and select enter the system “password“.
You must log in as a super user (root) to installing the machines software. If you are not a super user, ask your system admin.
- From the “Samsung drivers“, choose for download “Printer Settings Utility” to your computer.
- And then “Right-click” the “Printer Settings Utility” and extract the package files.
- Double click cdroot > Linux > psu > install.sh.